Parents/Guardians and Girls
Camp Sojourner 2017 dates are Monday, July 31 through Sunday, August 5. Camp tuition is on a sliding scale, depending on family size and income, starting at $350. Scholarships are available. Please note, we are only able to take new campers up to the age 13; our 14-16 year old teen program is for returning campers only.
You can now register online for Camp Sojourner 2017! Returning campers have until February 15 to reserve their spot at camp. We will then begin accepting new campers, ages 8-13.
New Campers should complete online application. As soon as possible after Feb 15, we will contact you to let you know if there is a space available in your child’s age group cabin. If not, we will place you on the wait list. If yes, we will set up an interview/info session with you at our camp office. When you come to the camper interview, you should bring a copy of the camper’s most recent report card. You will also need to complete a CAMP SOJO MEDICAL FORM by June 1.
Please call or email with any questions: (215) 951-0330 x2180; email@example.com. We hope your child can join us this summer!
If you would like to get involved in our free year-round activities, including helping at Bartram’s Garden and Farm and participating in creative arts, leadership workshops, physical activities, social justice action projects, and college tours, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you love young people, are committed to giving girls the opportunity to take leadership, and work well as part of a team, please consider joining us! We will have year-round volunteer opportunities this year to mentor girls, and also to help with behind-the-scenes tasks. Please be in touch if you are interested in volunteering. To be part of the Camp Sojourner 2015 Staff team, please download our STAFF APP 2017.
Support camp with a donation
Support from individuals, foundations, and other organizations is what makes it possible for us to provide an affordable camp experience and leadership development for Philadelphia area girls. We charge families significantly less than what it actually costs us to provide a high quality program. Anything you can contribute will help us to make our program available to more girls.
We accept cash, checks, credit cards, supplies, equipment, and other in-kind donations. All donations are tax deductible. Contact us if you have something you think we may be able to use, such as office supplies, camping equipment, or art supplies. See below for our “Donations Wish List” .
You can donate online through PayPal:
Checks can be mailed to:
“Girls’ Leadership Camp/RHD”
801 S. 48th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19143
- Young adult fiction and other summer reading books
- Art supplies: markers, crayons, colored pencils, oil pastels, chalk pastels, charcoal, sharpie markers (thin and thick), chart markers, scissors, yarn, needles, fabric, paper- construction paper, drawing paper, post-it chart paper
- Bedding/toiletries: sleeping bags, pillows, pillow cases, towels, toothpaste, soap, feminine hygiene supplies
- Camping supplies: flashlights, batteries, tents, sleeping pads
- Food: marshmallows, chocolate bars (thin, for making smores), individually packaged snack-sized snacks (pretzels, chips, dried fruit, granola bars, etc.), juice boxes (100% juice), graham crackers
- Clothing: child sized jackets and long-sleeved shirts, child sized bathing suits, sneakers or other other footwear suitable for camp, socks, rain ponchos, flip flops
- Other: stamps, plastic bags (large Ziploc and clear garbage bags), musical instruments, particularly drums and other percussion instruments, balloons, binoculars, notebooks, color copies
Consider hosting an organizational sponsorship
Your workplace, place of worship, or other community group may be interested in supporting Philadelphia girls through the work of Girls’ Leadership Camp. Sponsorship involves raising money through the members of your organization in order to sponsor one or more girls to attend camp. A complete sponsorship kit is available. Please contact us for more information about this opportunity.
phone (215) 951-0330 x 2180 (We check this voicemail on a weekly basis.)
fax (215) 724-6302
Thank you for your interest in Camp Sojourner, Girls’ Leadership Camp!